Update 5/21/20 – Effective Friday, May 22, 2020, Mind Trapped Escape Room LLC will reopen!
Due to the impacts of COVID-19 and the Governor’s Safe. Smart. Step by Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery, Mind Trapped Escape Room will reopen using the following guidelines out of precaution to ensure the safety of our players and our staff.
- We are so excited to reopen and provide you with a fun entertainment outlet. However, we take the health of our players and our staff very seriously. If you are sick or have a fever, please refrain from booking at this time. This is for your safety as well as the safety of others.
- Our games have always been private and that won’t change. You can rest assured, that you will never be paired with strangers. The best precaution we can take is to not allow game play with people you don’t know. If you’re living with or driving to our facility with the people you are playing with, chances are you are comfortable that being in their presence, does not pose a health risk to you. Therefore the use of masks and gloves is voluntary and will be left up to the player.
- In order to adhere to state and local guidelines, we will be limiting the number of people in our lobby at any one time, this means we will not be able to accept walk ins. We ask that all games be pre-booked on our website up to 2 hours prior to game time, for the safety of all of our players. However, to accommodate spur of the moment game play, we are happy to take call ahead bookings when available, which is the next best thing to a walk in!
- In addition to our sanitizing of rooms before and after games as well as common areas, we ask that players use hand sanitizer upon entering our facility and after game play.
Update 4/20/20 – Keep checking for updates as to when we will be able to reopen, but in the meantime you can play The Mob Informant virtually!! Click here for more information!
Update 3/26/20 – As of noon today, Pinellas County has closed all non-essential businesses. Please follow our Facebook Page, as we will post updates there as soon as we are given the ok to reopen.
A Message about Coronavirus/COVID-19
As you may have heard, COVID-19 (or coronavirus), has become a more widespread concern. We want you to know that our team at Mind Trapped Escape Room shares the same concerns and are committed to ensuring our staff and patrons are taking preventative measures, including those that have been detailed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We have always maintained high standards in escape game maintenance with regular cleaning and sanitizing and will continue to do so. Here are some of the protocols that are set in place:
- Private games: We have always offered Private Room and we are still committed to ensuring that only parties booked together for the event are present in the escape game. We do not allow public bookings or merge groups together to fill game capacity. Rest assured that if you reserve an escape game with us, it will only be you and your party in the room.
- No in-game actors: We have no live actors that are in game with our patrons. All game hosts and event staff monitor games closely and deliver hints via in game communication devices. It will always just be you and your party in the escape game during the standard event.
- Hygiene: All guests and staff have access to handwashing facilities with soap and paper towels before and after the escape games, as well as hand sanitizer. We also have disposable gloves available upon request.
- Room reset: Along with full room inspection and reset after each game, we sanitize surfaces, props, and frequently handled objects such as locks and door knobs after every group. We utilize single use disinfectant wipes that are thrown away after each reset. We also spray rooms and surfaces with Lysol Disinfectant spray.
- Frequent cleaning cycle: In addition to cleaning the escape games after each group, we have beginning of day and end of day cleaning cycles for deep cleaning of all rooms and common areas.
- Staff communication: We are in frequent communication with members of our team to ensure quick response to situations and further clarification of cleaning standards and updates.
Mind Trapped Escape Room maintains a high level of commitment to our staff, patrons, and the larger community. We will continue to monitor reputable informational sources such as the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO) websites for any updates.